Thursday, July 18, 2013

Getting Paid for Online Surveys - It's Easier Than You Think


Getting paid for online surveys. It sounded too good to be true. And yet my friend Sarah told me that she was doing just that – and earning a modest but helpful amount every week.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen those ads about getting paid for online surveys, and thought that it was all rubbish. Who would want to pay for my opinions? It turns out that a lot of big, respectable companies are anxious to do just that. Sarah explained that market research is really important major companies like General Foods, Coca Cola and Walmart. They need to keep on top of what consumers are thinking about their products and services. And they’re prepared to pay people like us to tell them what they think of the things that they make, and the things that they are developing.
I really liked the sound of that. Speaking out and giving my opinion is not something which comes hard to me! And I thought it would be good to be involved in developing new ideas. Sarah told me sometimes she gets samples of new products to try, and then has to report back on what she thinks. I was really interested in doing that.
She told me the best company to join was Survey Junkie. I found that Opinion Outpost was a good one as well. 
I knew that there were a lot of companies who were scamming people in the online survey business. But because Sarah had done her research, she just passed along the names of the companies which she has found are good to do business with. I signed up with all of them – all of them were free to join, which was a big plus for me.
Soon, offers of surveys were arriving in my email inbox. The first one was about shoes – one of my pet subjects! I sat down and completed it in around half an hour. Sure enough, a Paypal payment arrived in my account just a few days later. I had managed to get paid for online surveys – well, at least one!
As the day went by, I received more survey offers. You have to get in quick on the higher paying ones, because they only need a limited number of to respond. And some surveys offer entry into a draw, rather than cash. One company I use gives you points, which you can exchange for gifts.
Although I’m not going to get rich doing surveys online, it’s fun, and it’s bringing me a little income which really helps to stretch our family’s budget. And guess what – I was one of the lucky ones, and I just won a week cruise to the Caribbean. I’m taking Paula with me as a thank you for introducing me to so many great online survey companies.




No comments:

Post a Comment